DescriptionThe Coding Educator 2 identifies opportunities to improve provider documentation and creates an education plan tailored to each assigned provider. The Coding Educator 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Coding Educator 2 reviews medical records and arranges educational sessions with providers aimed at quality of care and documentation improvements. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Certified Professional Coder through AAPC or CCS through AHIMA
- Experience interacting with healthcare providers
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional follow up skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong technical knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Driver's license with ability to travel up to 75% of the time within the region
- Bachelor's Degree
Work at home in West Palm Beach area with ability to travel to surrounding provider offices (Palm Beach; Martin; St Lucie; Indian River; Okeechobee; Brevard COUNTIES)
Scheduled Weekly Hours40