Optum360 is a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we'll leverage all our resources to bring financial clarity and a full suite of revenue management services to health care providers nationwide. If you're looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
- The position will oversee daily coding activities of 7 coders and 2 contract coding staff to ensure accounts are completed timely and accurately. Also, monitoring of the coding workflows, drafting insurance appeal letters, submitting the quarterly OSHPD audits and serve as an intermediary for the coding and CDI team.
- Audits, Trains & supervises coding department staff for the purpose of maximizing reimbursement, ensuring quality coding and maintaining an acceptable turnaround time in the completion of unit function
- Develops and motivates a competent, well-trained staff, capable of meeting established goals and promotes efforts to recruit and retain qualified personnel
- Completes and submits probationary and annual employee performance evaluations
- Responds to requests from hospital departments, physicians, patients, families, etc. that ensures customer service excellence
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and concepts effectively across organizational levels as will be working with physicians, Chief Financial Officers, and hospital department management
- Knowledge of information privacy laws, medical record access, and release of information is needed
3 + years of experience working in a Health Information Management Department or a comparable combination of education and experience
- Must have an active CCS coding credential
- Experience with the electronic health record, health information systems and healthcare applications
- Proficient in Microsoft office - Excel, Word
- Undergraduate degree equivalent experience
- 3 + years of leadership experience
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.