Cognitive Retraining Specialist
Primary Location: ME-MEStandish-234 Northeast Rd
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
NeuroRestorative ME is seeking Physical Therapy Assistant, COTAs, and Certified/Licensed Recreation Therapists or similar backgrounds to fill the role of "Cognitive Retraining Specialists" at multiple locations including Sebago, Standish, Kennebunk, and Old Orchard Beach. NeuroRestorative ME serves adults with brain injuries and other neurological disorders.
- Provide and maintain an orderly, safe, clean and warm therapeutic environment.
- Closely follow the Day Program schedule of assignments and seek approval from the Day Program Administrator for any necessary changes.
- Provide individual and group therapies to clients with the support of the Cognitive Coordinator.
- Monitor clients during transitional times, lunch, and breaks. This includes behavioral, toileting, and general assistance as needed.
- Attend assigned IRP meetings, Day Program team meetings, staff meetings, and additional meetings as assigned.
- Complete all required documentation including, but not limited to behavior charts, FYI’s, incident reports, monthly reports, IRP reports, therapy notes, lesson plans, and so forth.
- Treat clients with respect, dignity, and compassion at all times.
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times and ensure confidentiality of privileged information.
- Complete all cognitive therapy assessments on an annual basis to all persons served, as determined by the Cognitive Coordinator.
- Cooperate with the licensee and Department of Human Services in any inspection or investigation.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by Cognitive Coordinator, Day Program Administrator, Vice President of Operations, President and CEO.
- Minimum of BA in psychology or related field (as approved by SCR for certification) and preferred one year of related experience
- Must maintain current valid driver's license
- Valid CPR and First Aid certifications