Sounds like a big challenge, right? Here, at Optum, you have the opportunity to achieve great things while you showcase your passion and technical expertise as a Cognos Developer. You'll be inspired by working alongside some of the most brilliant minds in technology who bring compassion, energy and focus to their work every day on a mission to change health care as we know it. Join us! Come share who you are and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As part of our development team, you will predominantly be involved in building business solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications. You'll stretch your skills and grow your careers as a primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with the established specifications and business requirements in order to deliver business value.
- Act as a Cognos technical SME, responsible for the work associated in designing, developing, testing, maintaining and improving Cognos reports.
- Assist BI team lead with overall strategic planning for Business Intelligence
- Responsible for the ongoing operational stability of the environment, ensuring objects are properly monitored and audited to provide data integrity, accuracy and timeliness of delivery
- Respond to ad hoc report requests for internal Business Intelligence team and bank staff
- Communicate with all levels of management regarding information needs; discuss these solutions with both technical and business community
- Create, enhance, and maintain Framework Manager Models (relational and DMR), including packages designed for report development and for ad hoc Business Insight Advanced users, according to best practices
- Collaborate with business users and members of the BI team, including business analysts, database administrators, and managers, to design and develop Cognos reports using Report Studio and/or Business Insight Advanced
- Design and develop complicated reports including sub-reports, graphical reports, and well-formatted reports according to user requirements
- Develop dashboards using Business Insight and/or Active Reports (Report Studio)
- Exhibit a commitment to data quality by validating results compared with the data warehouse database at each step of the development process
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of full Software Development Life Cycle experience
- 5+ years of experience working as a Cognos developer
- Health care industry experience
If you're the kind of thinker and leader who wants to bring your contribution to a new level every day, bring yourself over to Optum. You'll discover an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Cognos Report Developer, Atlanta, GA, Georgia