Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
If you are looking for a way to help others, while you put your customer service skills to good use, this may be the career for you. As a Collection Representative, you will be contacting and consulting with patients and / or their families who have outstanding medical bills. You'll consult directly with our customers to identify reasons for late payments and set up payment plans that are mutually agreeable. Your ability to communicate, persuade and convey payment urgency is critical to the overall success of our company. Your work will not only impact the bottom line, but it will also make a difference in the lives of our customers, greatly reducing their financial burden. At the end of the day, you'll know you are doing your life's best work.
The Collections Representative is responsible for insurance premium collections.
This position is full-time (40 hours / week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am to 6:30pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 4316 Rice Lake Road, Duluth, MN 55811.
- Contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency
- Negotiate and advise on collection of overdue bills and take appropriate action to recover overdue payments
- Handle unresolved inquiries / issues
- Responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and managing organization policies on collection practices
- May work with outside legal counsel and / or outside agencies in more complex collection cases
- Some work is completed without established procedures
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- Supervision / guidance is required for higher level tasks
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of collections, billing, or customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- Familiarity with a computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Available to work 40 hours per week within the operating hours of the site (8:00 am - 6:30 pm Monday through Friday) and occasional overtime or weekends
- 3+ years of healthcare patient accounting exp., with a focus on Medicare Part A & Part B
- Ability to accurately review and correct claims
- Possess working knowledge of Medicare Regulatory Guidelines
- Medicare claim resolution (from open to close – not solely status)
- Must possess working knowledge of Direct Data Entry (DDE)
- Proven ability to work in and maneuver through DDE and CWF/HIQA
- Ability to personally resolve their own denials (med necessity, eligibility, compliance, etc.)
- UB04 experience
- CPC/CPC-H certification
- Extended periods of sitting at a computer and use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse
- Office environment
This position may require additional access approvals inclusive of extended background verifications post hire.
There are several steps in our hiring process it's a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today's ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application / job questions). Once you submit your resume, you'll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an on-line pre-screening test that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via e-mail.
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and
technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve
people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve
the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can
be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best
ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the
quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the
brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to
life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Collections Representative, Atlanta GA , collections, billing, customer service