Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Quest and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
If you are looking for a way to help others, while you put your customer first, this may be the career for you. As a Collections Representative at Optum360, a fast-paced, high growth company within UnitedHealth Group, is to apply cash from our lockbox and imaging system with the ability to balance daily adjudications and performing a high quality assurance rate. Your ability to use data entry skills to post cash payments, apply and review overpayments and to convey payment issues with urgency is critical to the overall success of our company. Your work will not only impact the bottom line, but it will also make a difference in the lives of our customers, greatly reducing their financial burden. At the end of the day, you'll know you are doing your life's best work.
This position is full-time (40 hours / week) with our site Hours of Operation from 7:00 am - 3:30 pm Monday through Friday. At times we may require our employees to be flexible enough to work any shift, any day of the week during those hours.
This function is responsible for insurance cash adjudications. Positions in this function post payments from insurance EOBs. Individuals will handle cash adjudication and also research unresolved inquiries / issues related to cash posting. Responsible for quality matrix, productivity matrix, and managing organization policies on cash posting practices.
- Posts line item payments and adjustments to accounts within a timely manner
- Balances receipts on individual batches on a daily basis
- Reconciles daily batches
- Ability to prepare audit trails when and if needed
- Processes invoicing and adjustment as requested on individual need basis.
- Provide supporting documentation for cash adjudications audits as needed.
- Performs research and documents on various computer systems customer information regarding current status, payment expectations, notes of conversations and other relevant information
- Other projects and duties as assigned by management.
- Cash adjudication environment of Centricity & Quest Billing System
- PC skills, with specific proficiency in Excel
- Basic Math skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Data Entry and Cash Posting skills
- Internet navigation knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Timely Decision Making
- Drive for Results
- Peer Relationships
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of equivalent working experience with Third Party Insurance Cash Adjudication experience
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft applications, with specific proficiency in Excel (Formulas, data entry, creating spreadsheets)
- Ability to make proper billing decisions in accordance with Optum360 and Ameripath Inc. Legal and Compliance guidelines
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation (7:00 am - 3:30 pm Monday through Friday or 7:30 pm - 4:00 pm CST) including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and / or weekends, as needed
- Ability to clearly convey procedural information, issues and requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated problem solving, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and
technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve
people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve
the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can
be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best
ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the
quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the
brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to
life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Accounts receivable, medical experience, 10- key, procedure codes, UHG