If you are looking for a way to help others, while you put your customer service skills to good use, this may be the career for you. As a Collection Representative, you will be contacting and consulting with patients and / or their families who have outstanding medical bills. You'll consult directly with our customers to identify reasons for late payments and set up payment plans that are mutually agreeable. Your ability to communicate, persuade and convey payment urgency is critical to the overall success of our company. Your work will not only impact the bottom line, but it will also make a difference in the lives of our customers, greatly reducing their financial burden. At the end of the day, you'll know you are doing your life's best work.
The Collections Representative is responsible for insurance premium collections. This position is full-time (40 hours / week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am to 6:30pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 4316 Rice Lake Road, Duluth, MN 55811.
- Contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency
- Negotiate and advise on collection of overdue bills and take appropriate action to recover overdue payments
- Handle unresolved inquiries / issues
- Responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and managing organization policies on collection practices
- May work with outside legal counsel and / or outside agencies in more complex collection cases
- Some work is completed without established procedures
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- Supervision / guidance is required for higher level tasks
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of collections, billing, or customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- Familiarity with a computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Available to work 40 hours per week within the operating hours of the site (8:00 am - 6:30 pm Monday through Friday) and occasional overtime or weekends
- Extended periods of sitting at a computer and use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse
- Office environment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in healthcare. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our Healthcare system. Ready? It's time to do your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Collections Representative, Duluth, MN, collections, billing, customer service