Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Quest and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
It takes a special person to be effective in stressful situations. In fact, it takes a gifted, diplomatic and persistent person who can see past the challenge to a successful outcome. If that's you, get with us because this role at UnitedHealth Group is all about special. You'll consult directly with our customers who have outstanding medical bills to identify reasons for late payments and set up payment plans that are mutually agreeable. It's an important role and it will take all of your skills. Join us and discover the exceptional training, support and opportunities to grow that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
The Collections Representative is responsible for managing their portfolio and collecting payments on past due accounts for Employer Solutions. The goal is to collect the payments by the net terms, being proactive to facilitate the resolution of disputed and ultimately reduced bad debt. We are measured on our effectiveness to meet specific goals set by the department and leadership. At the end of the day we want to get paid for the work we performed. Billing is an ever - changing environment that requires quick thinking, proactive actions. Each day welcomes new challenges that need to be approached with an open mind and drive to meet our customers’ needs
- Responsible for an assigned portfolio that consists that range from 2000 - 3500 client accounts
- Make daily collection calls on past due accounts, update collection comments in the billing system and develop action planning for collecting accounts on outstanding AR over 60 days
- Responsible for collection agency placements and bankruptcies, ensuring all paperwork and approvals are intact
- Monitor short - paid invoices and resolve disputes which, which requires appropriate research
- Regularly monitor and expedite resolution of credit balances for accounts in their portfolio, as well as processing monthly charges and adjustments
- Responsible for all aspects of research needed to take place for accurate resolution which includes but not limited to, pulling lab requisitions, requesting check pulls from the Cash team, reviewing account activity and notes in billing system, accessing the Quest online invoicing system (eInvoice)
- Responsible for making direct contact with clients, Quest labs, Accounts Payable, Sales Reps, Account Managers, local Quest standard Business Units and Quest non - standard business units
- Make and receive calls from clients, handle emails and correspondence
- Attend scheduled monthly conference calls with management, Finance and Sales to discuss status of High Risk reports, preparing all information that pertains to clients on portfolios and participate in the facilitation of the resolution
- Maintain various databases and ensure proper data points are stored properly to run accurate data for reporting purposes.
- Prepare various reports such as: High Risk, Bad Debt Reserve, No Pay and 180 days Equal Total Due
- Timely and accurate follow up to all impacted parties (internal and / or external) that provides an explanation of resolution and requested information is mandatory
- Additional processes and projects will be assigned as necessary to meet business needs, including assisting Customer Service with workload
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service experience in an office setting, call center setting or phone support role using the telephone and computer consistently
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Experience with Microsoft Word (creating and editing documents)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (creating basic formulas, sorting, filtering, and date collection)
- Experience with healthcare / billing client collections
- Accounts receivable experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Collections, client, A/R, UHG, Optum360, Quest, Billing, Calls