Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We’re looking for a self-motivated Collections Representative to join our Patient Financial Services team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The Collections Representative will be a member of the Patient Financial Services department. This representative will be responsible for being a liaison to our vendors and ensuring accounts move through the collection cycle appropriately.
Your day to day role will include:
- Corresponding with the bad debt collection vendors
- May refer accounts to a collection agency
- Review accounts for potential legal action
- Reconciles agency inventory with internal records
- Review accounts returned by the collection agencies from cancel reports and worklists to determine the next step in the collection cycle
- Investigates and resolves patient disputes
- Calculates and enters appropriate adjustments to accounts based on insurance reimbursement methodologies, contractual relationships, and coverage.
- Recommends accounts to be written off to appropriate categories if the provider did not meet certain payer guidelines, such as timely capture of charges.
- Recommend accounts to be written off when efforts have been exhausted by the collection agencies.
- Verify, add, and bill insurance to accounts from eligibility found through our vendors
- Review and audit invoices from our vendors and document variances
- Maintains key performance indicators as defined by management discretion.
- Other duties ass assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Prior collections experience
- Analytical skills
- Basic to intermediate Excel skills
- A positive attitude
It would be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Hospital revenue cycle experience
- Epic or Meditech experience
R1 is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance. A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.