Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
- Contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency
- Negotiate and advise on collection of overdue / incorrect claims and take appropriate action to recover overdue payments
- Handle unresolved inquiries / issues
- Responsible for adhering to collection practices
- May work with outside legal counsel and / or outside agencies in more complex collection cases
- Some work is completed without established procedures
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- Hospital or patient accounting department functions, operations and procedures
- Medical terminology, procedure and diagnosis coding sufficient to assess accuracy of patient accounts
- Covered insurance benefits, billing requirements and procedures for third party payers and / or Government Programs
- Data elements for UB04 / 1500 and / or State of California Medi-Cal Program
- Operation of on-line computerized patient accounting systems and / or electronic billing systems
- Accounting practices and procedures common to accounts receivable
- General clerical office practices and procedures
- Medical terminology
- HCPCS / CPT and ICD9 / ICD10 Coding understanding
- Hospital and patient accounting department functions
- Insurance policies and their benefits
- Data processing input devices
- Accounts receivable practices and procedures
- General clerical office practices
- Knowledge of payer contracts
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in Billing and / or Collections Revenue Cycle setting
- Ability to create, copy, edit, send, and save within Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Experience in interpreting Payer Contracts and determining accurate payments on patient accounts
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift between the hours of 6:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Previous experience in a Revenue Cycle position
- Experience using Microsoft Excel (data entry, reviewing reports, sort / filter and open / edit / saving documents)
- Ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Extended periods of sitting at a computer and use of hands/ fingers across keyboard or mouse
- Office environment
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Rancho Cordova, CA, Collections Representative, collections, billing, word, Excel, Outlook