Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
- Contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency
- Negotiate and advise on collection of overdue / incorrect claims and take appropriate action to recover overdue payments
- Handle unresolved inquiries / issues
- Responsible for adhering to collection practices
- May work with outside legal counsel and / or outside agencies in more complex collection cases
- Some work is completed without established procedures.
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others.
- As a Collections Representative you will need knowledge of:
- Hospital or patient accounting department functions, operations and procedures Medical terminology, procedure and diagnosis coding sufficient to assess accuracy of patient accounts
- Covered insurance benefits, billing requirements and procedures for third party payers and / or Government Programs
- Data elements for UB04 / 1500 and / or State of California Medi - Cal Program
- Operation of online computerized patient accounting systems and / or electronic billing systems
- Accounting practices and procedures common to accounts receivable
- General clerical office practices and procedures
- Medical terminology
- HCPCS / CPT and ICD - 9 / ICD - 10 Coding understanding
- Hospital and patient accounting department functions
- Insurance policies and their benefits
- Data processing input devices
- Accounts receivable practices and procedures
- General clerical office practices
- Knowledge of payer contracts
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 1+ years of experience in Collections in a Healthcare setting
- Experience with Microsoft Word (create and edit documents), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sorting, creating / modifying spreadsheets), and Microsoft Outlook (creating, sending emails)
- Knowledge of HIPAA guidelines
- Previous experience in Billing and / or Collections Revenue Cycle setting
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Extended periods of sitting at a computer and use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse
- Office environment
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: collections, billing, healthcare, medical, insurance