You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you’re likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It’s dramatic and each day presents a new set of challenges. And that’s where companies like UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is taking the lead. We see those challenges as opportunities but we can’t do it alone. You’ll play a leadership role in a high volume, focus and performance driven call center where the goal is always to connect with members and enhance the customer experience. Now you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll need to stay positive at all times especially in difficult situations. You’ll be asked to mentor, challenge and communicate effectively with all different types of people.
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function prepare and maintain records of accounts receivable, including receipts, claims and overdue invoices. Applies all incoming cash receipts and wire payments to the appropriate general ledger accounts. Computes interest charges, processes refunds and related items. Performs periodic and month - end balancing and reporting activities.
- Follow up on Medical invoices submitted to Health Plans to ensure prompt / timely payment and escalate issues as necessary.
- Evaluates payments / denials received for correctness and ensures they are applied appropriately
- Creates 1st level appeals and assist with payer projects
- Identifies bad debt write - offs and A / R adjustments. Initiates write - off and adjustments in accordance with policies and procedures
- Ensures secondary bills and patient invoices are accurately generated and submitted on a timely basis.
- Identifies any overpayments and/or duplicate payments, with investigation and resolution. Processes refund requests, in accordance with policies and procedures
- Adheres to Regulatory / Payor Guidelines and policies & procedures.
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 2+ years in Accounts Receivable follow - up in the healthcare / medical field (Home Infusion / Pharmacy preferred)
- Ability to work any 8 hour shift during normal business hours between Monday - Friday 6am - 6pm
- Medical collections experience, preferably in Infusion, Pharmacy or DME
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size)
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size)
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum Rx, Finance, Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Collections, Billing