The Commercial Pricing Analyst is responsible for supporting our local and national commercial sales teams with data analysis of business activities. This role will provide insight into performance, trends, and areas of opportunity, related to pricing and margin for optimization of sales and profitability, segment price planning, and reporting. This position will be a mix of project-based assignments to improve the overall book of pricing, ad hoc requests from local and national account managers, and periodic reporting requirements. The role works closely with the Commercial Sales Team and the Manager of Pricing in accomplishing established goals.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to have a happy work/life balance.
- Compiles, evaluates, and analyzes part mix of raw and financial data and present data (including pricing, margin, and historical sales) skillfully and creatively to provide maximum understanding and insight for the Commercial Sales Team
- Continually reviews account pricing for profitability and identifies opportunities to enhance margin while maintaining competitiveness
- Deliver monthly and ad hoc client reporting
- Identifies process improvements using available systems, presents changes to management and manages implementation
- Manages communication with the sales teams including written updates on price changes, answering phone calls and e-mails
- Develops in-depth understanding of systems and analytics tools used by the organization (including, but not limited to Excel, Access, Salesforce, COGNOS, and other information systems)
- Assists with annual budget and rebate calculations
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BFA) or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience providing business analytics with a focus on financial analysis, statistical analysis, or other data driven field that can be clearly translated into actionable results with favorable impact to the business.
- Must possess strong business analytical skills with thorough understanding of how to identify and interpret raw data and turn it into something meaningful and relevant.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel advanced functions. Experience with COGNOS, Tableau, or any SQL based solution
- Experience determining profitable price points for a retail service industry is a plus.
- Experience with contracts and/or the automotive industry is a plus.
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.