About The Position
Planned Companies is looking for a Building Engineer to oversee the operations, preventative and corrective maintenance as well as the overall safety of the buildings and its systems. This includes all mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, fire and sprinkler systems. The Building engineer will also oversee the inspection, planning and complete functionality of the facility to ensure these systems are operational. This role will be responsible for a commercial building of 125,000 square feet but a second space is currently in construction and will be under the responsibility of the Building Engineer when completed.
- Manages the maintenance and operation of building systems; including boilers, HVAC, plumbing, sprinklers, electrical, lighting and fire safety systems
- Schedule preventative maintenance of all mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and repair of such equipment as required, either by staff or by an outside contractor
- Prepare maintenance budget proposals and repair/replacement plans
- Understanding the layout of energy distribution, water pipes and ventilation systems and identifying relevant materials
- Schedule routine cleaning and maintenance of all areas of the facility
- Responsible for the aesthetic appeal and maintenance of the site (may include painting, repairing/maintaining building components and general
- landscaping care of the surrounding grounds)
- Provides other services, as requested by building management
Working at Planned
Are you a detailed oriented person who takes pride in every aspect of their job? Do you take the time to check your work and make sure everything is always done correctly? If that’s who you are, then we want you to work with us! At Planned, you are in front of our customers all the time and have the ability to make a positive impact on them every day.
If you ask why you’re being asked to do something or don’t care about others then this opportunity is not for you. People who are just looking for a paycheck or a job where they can do the bare minimum should not apply. We need reliable people who are always on time in a perfect uniform that care about the customer and will go above and beyond the call of duty every time. This position is all about making sure the customer has a pleasant experience every time they interact with you from opening the door to finding their package quickly to fulfilling daily requests.
If this is who you are and you’re looking for a career, please apply now as we reward people like you!Requirements
- HVAC certification or 5+ years experience, required
- Black Seal High & Low Pressure or relevant experience, preferred
- 10+ years experience in overall maintenance, required
- Advanced knowledge of building operations and fire safety
- Thorough understanding of current advancements in technology related to building operations and safety
- Fire Safety Director Certification
- S-12 Citywide Sprinkler Systems Certification
- S-13 Standpipe Systems Certification
- Career Opportunities
- On the Job Training