At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Commercial FX Director's responsibilities include:
- Manage the FX coverage for a specific region and/or line of business as part of Wells Fargo’s newly formed Commercial Rates & FX Solutions team
- Build the franchise for the Macro team within the local market to serve customers and drive revenue in line with defined goals for the specific coverage space(s)
- Maintain consistent, professional, and value-added client coverage
- Contribute to overall team goals set and participate in platform initiatives
- Work effectively with Rate derivatives partners to develop and implement holistic risk management strategies for Wells Fargo’s Commercial clients
- Work closely with cross asset solutions resources to create differentiated, timely, and effective content that caters to Commercial clients risk management priority
- Maintain strong discipline around credit risk management, CVA and Capital to achieve appropriate risk return targets
- Build strong working relationships with all Banking and product partners across platform
- Partner effectively with all support areas to deliver superior customer service
- Help train, mentor, coach and develop strong talent and drive a team to achieve financial goals
- Ensure compliance with all new Dodd-Frank and Other regulatory rules and help guide team to improve process to meet market practices as they develop
- Understand competitive landscape in the FX asset class and position the team to be successful in the marketplace among peer group of FX providers
- Support strong cultural development and integration with the broader Macro Team (Rates, FX, Commodities) as well as WF Markets, WFS, and Wholesale platform
This position is subject to Dodd-Frank Background Screening Requirements, including successful completion and clearing of a background screen. Applicants are subject to a new screen to comply with Title VII of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act which states that Associated Persons (AP) cannot be subject to statutory disqualification. Under industry regulations, an AP is defined as a team member who solicits or accepts client orders for swaps. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and are required to report certain incidents.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience in capital markets, industry experience within the specific sector of the position, or a combination of both
- Solid creative and strategic thinking skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 10+ years foreign exchange sales experience or other equivalent capital markets experience
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word and Excel with comfort creating original, client/business-ready content
- Familiarity with Bloomberg terminal
- Self-motivated to perform at a high level
- Desire to work in collaborative environment
- Capital markets and accounting knowledge
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.