At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wholesale Commercial Real Estate (WCRE) operates throughout the United States, as well as Canada and the United Kingdom, to deliver a comprehensive platform of financing and banking products for experienced commercial real estate companies including balance sheet lending, CMBS origination and distribution, loan servicing, agency financing for multifamily properties, and debt and equity capital for affordable housing.
Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital (MFC) specializes in providing permanent financing for multifamily properties and healthcare facilities using the programs of the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Fannie Mae, & Freddie Mac and our balance sheet including a direct purchase tax exempt housing bond program. Our veteran bankers are experienced with the various loan programs offered, and as one of the top multifamily loan servicers we remain committed to providing superior customer service before, during and after loan closing.
Accountable for the large and more complex loan analysis on standardized templates and communicates preliminary sizing and pricing indications to Group Head(s) and Producer based on Business Unit and GSE policies (if applicable). Alerts Group head if the proposal is either especially desirable or exhibits high risk attributes. Coordinates with Producer, Managers, and Head of Production to refine quotes and resolve waivers or threshold issues with Agencies and/or the Senior Credit Officer. Interfaces with Producer and Borrower to achieve consensus on terms, drafts Application, and conveys Application to Producer for issuance to Borrower. Prepares and submits Third Party Request form upon issuance of Loan Application in order to accelerate preparation for engagement.
Following Borrowers acceptance of Application, briefs designated Underwriting team regarding transaction, commissions third party reports, and transfers source documents, loan analysis, Agency correspondence and other vital information into shared network Screening Depository.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: commercial real estate lending, multifamily real estate lending, or commercial mortgage backed securities
- Financial analysis research, underwriting, and due diligence experience; related to multi family properties or commercial mortgage backed securities originations
- Ability to develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of loan products and provide market intelligence to maintain competitive edge
- Knowledge and understanding of bank, Government Sponsored Enterprise (GSE), and Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities lending programs and credit policies
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong technical writing skills
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
VA-McLean: 2010 Corporate Rdg - Mclean, VA
CA-Carlsbad: 1808 Aston Ave - Carlsbad, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.