At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo.
It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) delivers a comprehensive suite of investment banking, capital markets & advisory solutions, including a full complement of sales, trading and research capabilities, to corporate, government and institutional clients. WFS has over 4,600 team members in offices around the globe, including Charlotte, New York, San Francisco, Houston, London, Hong Kong and 11 other locations.
This position resides within the Commercial Rates & FX Solutions team. This group resides within WFS’ Macro group which also includes Sales & Trading functions for Liquid Products, Commodities, and CVA.
We are looking to hire a team member who will support the Commercial Rates & Foreign Exchange Sales team based in Charlotte.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the needs of the desk as they serve their internal partners and clients
- Running reports - transaction, P&L, customer reports, etc.
- Creating (upon request) thoughtful and detailed presentations.
- Ongoing maintenance of databases, mailing lists and call reports.
- Helping to manage all incoming customer phone lines.
- Coordinating all details and logistics related to onsite (and offsite) customer workshops.
- Serving as the point person between the front-office and back-office on any client service related issues.
- Being proactive in an overall support role to the interest rate derivatives and foreign exchange team’s needs, ideas, and initiatives on the local desk and across the wider national and global footprint.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
This position is subject to Dodd-Frank Background Screening Requirements, including successful completion and clearing of a background check. Internal transfers are subject to a new screen to comply with Title VII of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act 17, CRF 240.17f-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and FINRA Bylaws, Article III, Section 3, which states that Associated Persons should not be subject to statutory disqualification. Under CFTC regulations, an AP is defined as a: Under industry regulations, an AP is defined as a team member who solicits or accepts client orders for swaps. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and are required to report certain incidents.
- 2+ years of financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills including financial analysis
- Willingness to work in a demanding, highly focused collaborative and team environment
- Energetic self-starter who is flexible, organized, conscientious, proactive, and detail-oriented
- An individual who demonstrates a strong sense of personal accountability, integrity and urgency for achieving results
- Must demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude and quantitative skills- particularly with data analysis
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellence in working effectively as an individual and as part of a team, and an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.