At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, and Stakeholder Relations.
Leading a team, this newly created position reports to the VP of Corporate Communications, West Coast Region and will focus on promoting and protecting Wells Fargo’s reputation through creative storytelling and collaborating with multiple lines of business, proactive external placement of executives and stories, strategic media relations, and internal and external communications planning. This position will be located 333 South Grand Avenue in Los Angeles, CA and does not offer relocation. Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as a trusted and strategic advisor to senior executives and clients on messaging, reputation and issues management, media relations, and crisis communications
- Develop and implement strategic communications plans that incorporate internal and external media, social, executive and branded channel communications
- Create a master regional narrative, update on regular basis, and leverage with communicators and other stakeholders
- Identify proactive external engagements to advance storytelling and best position executives and company
- Seek opportunities to fully leverage internal and external channels to tell and amplify our story
- Track and measure results of plan to ensure that results are in line with intended outcomes and business objectives
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with key local print and broadcast journalists
- Develop strategic responses to media inquiries and provide heads-up notifications to leaders as appropriate
- Partner with peers and other Corporate Communications teams and across other business lines of Wells Fargo to ensure coordination, consistency, and efficiency of resources
- Effectively manage a team in Southern California to deliver outstanding results on behalf of our internal clients
The Regional Communications team is responsible for internal and external storytelling, encompassing our corporate narrative, developing and executing a strategic communications plan, creating an executive thought leadership platform, cultivating and managing relationships with key media outlets, providing media coaching and training, collaborating across the broader communications team, and measuring results for continuous improvement opportunities.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks
- 10+ years of communications experience in one or more of the following disciplines: public relations, media relations or corporate communications
- 4+ years of management experience
- Experience leading, high-performing geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams within a matrix organization
- Experience developing integrated communications strategies and plans that align with business objectives
- Experience with issues management and crisis communications
- Experience prepping and counseling senior executives for high profile/high stakes media interviews
- Experience presenting information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels
- Experience developing compelling content and leveraging multiple channels for creative storytelling
- Experience building strong relationships and working across large organizations
CA-LA-Downtown Los Angeles: 333 S Grand Avenue - Los Angeles, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.