The communications specialist senior will join the UnitedHealthcare Internal Communications team at Community & State. This person will assist with key projects, programs and platforms, executing on initiatives across the business and in alignment with Community & State’s business priorities. This position will work closely with stakeholders, vendors and other communications colleagues at C&S and UHC. They will act as a utility player for the team, helping with projects and work, as needed.
- Manage and own reporting for the team (CEO reports, Weekly reports, Yearly recaps and placements). Responsible for determining applicable content, gathering data points for multiple reports. Reports are delivered in a timely manner to UHG, UHC and C&S executives’ points of contact
- Assist the team with execution of communication plans and programs for C&S, including quarterly updates to C&S boilerplates (Fact Sheet, Awards Sheets, etc.)
- Foster strong, collaborative working relationships within the team
- Publish HUB (intranet) stories, collaborating with content owners. Determines priorities for publication, depending on impact to the business
- Owns and manages the UHC C&S CEO recognition program. Submits monthly CEO thank you cards to the C&S CEO for review and signature. This role is the LEAD on this CEO initiative
- Serve as the subject matter expert in areas such as mass mailer, distribution lists, Cisco Audio/Video technology, and the Brainshark tool
- Research communication concepts, channels and engagement tools
- Monitor and report on efficacy of C&S internal communications, sites and campaigns
- Manage the digital display platform for C&S
- SME for SharePoint, WebEx and other content management and technology platforms
- Undergraduate degree
- 1+ years of experience writing, editing and proofreading in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience managing/updating/maintaining an intranet
- Demonstrates knowledge of our business (e.g., organization structures, business strategies, current initiatives, goals and objectives).
- Demonstrated proficiency in SharePoint applications, with some HTML experience
- Proficient with Microsoft programs, SharePoint, and Adobe Master Collection programs including video/audio file editing and file conversion
- Experience in internal communications campaign development, editorial, and communications plan development
- Experience in the health care industry
- Experience within a matrix organization
- Creative design and project management skills
- Mastery of AP style
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Internal communications, SharePoint, executive communication, Minnetonka, MN