You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Together, we're removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of quality healthcare that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower people to achieve better health and well-being.
As a Healthcare Services Coordinator, you will act in a liaison role with Medicaid members to ensure appropriate care is accessed as well as to provide home and social assessments and member education.
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- Keep the member out of the hospital by supporting regular visits to their primary physician
- Keep member actively engaged with their primary physician
- Support the member to ensure pick-up of their Rx
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care
- Provide member education
- Support transitions of care
- Help to keep members compliant with their care plans
- Partner with care team (community, providers, internal staff)
- Knowledge and continued learning of community cultures and values
- Traveling to member homes and medical facilities such as a hospitals
- May conduct HRA assessments if needed
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time for field based work
- Ability to work 40 hours 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday
- Must have resided within the community for 2+ years
- Knowledge of culture and values of community
- Ability to navigate a PC to open applications, send emails, and conduct data entry
- Must live within King County, WA
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Associates Degree (or higher) in social work and / or health care administration
- Ability to create, edit, copy, send and save documents, correspondence, and spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- Licensed practical nurse (LPN), Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide, Medical Assistant
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- CHW accreditation
- Experience working in managed care
- Knowledge of Medicaid population
- Familiarity with the resources available in the community
- Field based experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Optum, Healthcare, Healthcare Services Coordinator, Seattle, King County, CHW, medicaid, outreach, preventative care, members