Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Employees in this position will work on-site or virtually as an extension of the local quality and provider teams by aligning to geographical regions, medical centers and / or physician practices that manage a high volume of UHC Medicare & Retirement membership.
- Assist in the review of medical records to highlight Star opportunities for the medical staff.
- Activities include data collection, data entry, quality monitoring, upload of images, and chart collection activities.
- Locate medical screening results/documentation to ensure quality measures are followed in the closure of gaps. Will not conduct any evaluation or interpretation of Clinical data.
- Track appointments and document information completely and accurately in all currently supported systems in a timely manner.
- Optimize customer satisfaction, positively impact the closing of gaps in care and productivity.
- Partner with your leadership team, the practice administrative or clinical staff to determine the best strategies to support the practice and our members.
- Interaction with UHC members via telephone to assist and support an appropriate level of care. This may include making outbound calls to members and/or providers to assist in scheduling appointments, closing gaps in care or chart collection activities.
- Answer inbound calls from patients and/or providers regarding appointments.
- Communicate scheduling challenges or trends that may negatively impact quality outcomes.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to issues and show proactive behavior in addressing customer needs.
- Provide ongoing support and education to team members and assist in removing barriers in care.
- Manage time effectively to ensure productivity goals are met.
- Ability to work independently in virtual setting.
- Ability to problem solve, use best professional judgment and apply critical thinking techniques to resolve issues as they arise.
- Identify and seek out opportunities within one’s own work flow to improve call efficiency.
- Adhere to corporate requirements related to industry regulations/responsibilities.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA requirements.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of telephonic customer service experience
- 1+ years of a healthcare background with medical terminology familiarity of clinical issues
- 1+ years of working experience with ICD- 9 / 10 and CPT Codes
- 1+ years of working experience with and knowledge of HIPAA compliance requirements
- Strong data entry skills, with a typing speed of at least 45-50 WPM
- Experience using Microsoft Office management tools including Word (create and edit document), Excel (create, edit, navigate spreadsheets), and Outlook(emailing and calendaring)
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to travel 75% of the time to provider offices within Gainsville / Ocala area with the ability to rent a car if driving to provider offices over 100 miles (Corporate card for gas and rental car is necessary)
- Experience working in a physician, provider, and / or medical office
- Medical Assistant
- EMR and HEDIS knowledge and experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: provider, EMR, healthcare services, Ocala, Gainsville, customer service, ICD 9/10 codes, CPT codes