UnitedHealth Group is working to create the Healthcare system of tomorrow and you can help. Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance Healthcare system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant and built for speed. Join with us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
As a Community Health Worker, you will act in a liaison role with United Healthcare Dual Special Needs Community & State members to ensure appropriate care is accessed as well as to provide home and social assessments and member education.
- Locate members who need guidance
- Outreach to members in person who have either had appointments for in person visits scheduled for the Member Navigator, or outreach in person to members for home visits scheduled by the Member Navigator.
- In person outreach will be 80%, 4 days per week
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- May focus primarily on conducting health risk assessments with members
- If assigned health plan members to assist in completion of recommended screenings and tests:
- Inquire if members need help with any specific barriers to healthcare
- Identify health plan resources or local community resources to provide solutions for the member
- Keep the member out of the hospital by supporting regular visits to their primary physician
- Keep member actively engaged with their primary physician
- Support the member to ensure pick-up of their Rx or home delivery via mail
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care
- Provide member education
- Support transitions of care
- Help to keep members compliant with their care plans
- Partner with care team (community, providers, internal UHG staff/programs)
- Knowledge and continued learning of community cultures and values
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 3+ years of experience working within the community Health setting in a Healthcare role
- Knowledge of culture and values in the local community
- Familiarity with the resources available within the community
- Outbound patient/member outreach experience, both telephonic and field-based/in-person
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word (creating/editing documents), Microsoft Excel (filtering /sorting spreadsheets), and Adobe PDF (creating and editing PDFs), PowerPoint (navigation and creating presentations)
- Must have access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Experience working in Managed Care
- Knowledge of Medicaid & Medicare populations in your local area
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UnitedHealth Care, healthcare, liason, community