Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states. We believe in the dignity of every person, and in the freedom of all people to experience the highest degree of self-determination.
We are actively seeking a Community Integration Counselor in Berwick, PA! This role provides individualized services designed to assist participants in managing and overcoming the difficulties confronted by an individual with a developmental disability living in the community.
- Supports and encourages individuals to increase their ability to problem solve and be as independent as possible.
- Meets with waiver participants on a regular basis- either in the individual’s residence, the community, or an office setting.
- Provides ongoing support for integration efforts.
- Documents individual’s progress toward acquiring community integration.
- Assists in building a support network between the individual and the community.
- Ensures medical consultation forms are completed, by the physician, for each medical appointment attended.
- Coordinates all leisure and volunteer opportunities.
Experience/ Skills Required:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to establish a comfortable and supportive relationship with a person receiving support.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and to assist an individual physically.
- May occasionally assist with wheelchair transfer of non-ambulatory individuals.
- Work will take place in community and residential settings.
What We Offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off after 3 months of employment
- Paid Holidays
- Career/Professional Growth Opportunities including Community Options Leadership Academy Program
- 403b with Employer Match after 1 year of service
- Comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental and Supplemental Insurance options.
- Various Employee Discount Programs
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org