Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states. We believe in the dignity of every person, and in the freedom of all people to experience the highest degree of self-determination.
We are actively seeking a Community Integration Counselor. This role provides individualized services designed to assist participants in managing and overcoming the difficulties confronted by an individual with a disability living in the community.
This is a Part-Time position at $11.50/hr
- Supports and encourages individuals to increase their ability to problem solve and be as independent as possible.
- Meets with waiver participants on a regular basis- either in the individual’s residence, the community, or an office setting.
- Provides ongoing support for integration efforts.
- Documents individual’s progress toward acquiring community integration.
- Assists in building a support network between the individual and the community.
- Ensures medical consultation forms are completed, by the physician, for each medical appointment attended.
- Coordinates all leisure and volunteer opportunities.
Experience/ Skills Required:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding and commitment to community based supports for people with disabilities.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and to assist an individual physically.
- While performing the duties of the job, employee travels by automobile, utilizing own vehicle, and is exposed to changing weather conditions.
- Work will take place in community and residential settings.
What We Offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Career/Professional Growth Opportunities including Community Options Leadership Academy Program
- 403b with Employer Match
- Comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- Various Employee Discount Programs
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: email@example.com
Please Visit Our Website to Complete an Online Application!