Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states.
We are actively seeking a Per Diem Community Integration Counselor. This role provides individualized services designed to assist participants in managing and overcoming the difficulties confronted by an individual with a disability living in the community.
Start Rate: $11/hr
- Support and encourage individuals to increase their ability to be as independent as possible.
- Meet with waiver participants on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with the Case Manager to develop and facilitate programs which meet the social, emotional, physical and personal needs of the individual.
- Provide ongoing support for integration efforts.
- Document individual’s progress toward acquiring community integration.
- Assist in building a support network between the individual and the community.
- Ensure medical consultation forms are completed, by the physician, for each medical appointment attended.
- Administer medication(s) as needed and ensures required documentation is completed.
- Coordinate all leisure and volunteer opportunities.
Experience/ Skills Required:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to establish a comfortable and supportive relationship with a person receiving support.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and to assist an individual physically.
- Work will take place in community and residential settings.
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Visit Our Website to Complete an Online Application!
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer