Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states.
We are in search of a Part-Time Community Liaison Specialist (CLS). This individual will facilitate community inclusion for individuals with disabilities to build a natural support network and cultivate connections to other individuals, groups, friends, and family.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of related work experience.
- Experience facilitating groups and supporting others in a supervisory capacity.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
With the Individuals:
- Evaluate skills and become familiar with their interests, goals, dreams, capacities, lifestyle, needs, gifts, and social circle.
- Identify their employment potential and support them in working towards their goals.
- Encourage them to explore their interests in ways that can build meaningful relationships with other people in the community.
- Coach and support them by helping them work out issues such as logistics and transportation.
- Advise them on what is considered appropriate behavior within different settings and circumstances.
- Accompany individuals to and from appointments and activities.
Within the community:
- Increase consciousness about community inclusion within the organization and the community.
- Speak to various organizations (COBAC, local civic and religious groups) about the joys and challenges of community inclusion.
- Recruit, coordinate, train, and support volunteers and interns doing community inclusion work.
- Educate the community on the rights of people with disabilities; the need and benefits of greater inclusion; and appropriate ways to speak and respond to the person being supported.
- Serve as an advocate for individuals with disabilities along with raising awareness within the community to ensure individuals served are treated positively and as valued members of the community.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and to assist an individual physically.
- Work will take place in community and residential settings.
- Insurance Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Holidays—Including a Birthday Holiday
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Incentive & Discount Programs
- 403b Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Exceptional Career Growth Opportunities
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: Resumes-Fred@comop.org
Please Visit Our Website to Complete an Online Application!
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer