- Establish contacts and manage professional relationships with assigned provider offices ensuring high level of satisfaction.
- Conduct routine provider field visits to distribute marketing and other plan collateral / messaging, with a focus on membership growth and retention.
- Monitor and analyze membership activity of assigned providers on a monthly basis and recommend action plans to improve results.
- Collaborate with various departments as needed to ensure member and provider satisfaction.
- Conduct market and competitor analysis to assist with positioning strategy.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Community and Faith - Based Organizations to increase health plan awareness to members and potential new members, with a focus on membership growth and retention.
- Recommend community event and sponsorship opportunities to management.
- Plan and participate in Agency approved Educational, Public, and Marketing events as assigned.
- Responsible for event logistics such as reserving space, catering, internal and external communication, distributing materials, facilities support, monitoring and / or participating in the preparation and break down at events, and other similar activities
- Work with various public relations, social media, communications and other marketing contacts within the company to maximize internal and external awareness of provider, community, and member engagement activities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the programs and product capabilities available through the company.
- Maintain compliance with all Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) Marketing Rules and Regulations, including State Laws and Federal Statutes.
- Actively participate as a member of associations, coalitions, or on boards of organizations who serve the MMA, LTC and CHIP populations.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of managed care experience, preferably in health plan marketing and / or sales departments
- Current FL Health Insurance License
- Experience with Microsoft Word (creating, saving, formatting documents) Microsoft Excel (data entry, sorting, filtering, and entering information into basic tables) and Outlook (ability to open and send emails)
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client sites within the assigned territories
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
- Ability to work Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm and on call as needed, may work outside of typical business hours to meet clients’ needs
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.