You never thought your career could help millions of lives. Well, here you can. As a Community Outreach Specialist, you'll utilize innovative strategies and programs to ensure access to health care coverage for the underserved and impact millions of lives. You'll use your energetic, empathetic approach to marketing and add value to our team. Through community marketing and outreach efforts, you will have direct impact on membership growth and retention. You'll use your creativity, strategic lens and outspoken attitude to be part of an elite team to rewrite the history of UnitedHealth Group. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Working under minimal supervision and collectively with the Medicare sales department, this Community Outreach Specialist is responsible for working in targeted communities to increase enrollment for the Medicare Dual Special Needs Plans DSNPs. Specifically, this position is responsible for developing sites and securing organizations for community - based sales and marketing activities that provide membership growth opportunity. This position will also interface with other members of the of the Business Development department to increase marketing synergy and drive overall membership growth.
- Investigate, identify, initiate and respond to opportunities to create or participate in marketing activities that lead to membership growth
- Assist with planning, implementing and coordinating both sales and non - sales events for all assigned products
- Track and measure various sales event effectiveness
- Assist with designing and measuring overall sales event strategy
- Provide input, support and feedback on promotional opportunities, benefits, and other issues
- Prepare preliminary budget recommendations for each approved event
- Ensure all events are properly filed with appropriate regulatory agencies through the established UHC process
- Identify, develop and maintain strong relationships with key community partners
- Serve as an ambassador for United Healthcare
- Stay informed on UHC operations, provider network, premiums, member services, claims, explanation of benefits, processes and other services and issues to provide community partners, prospects, and members with accurate information, and provide feedback as appropriate
- Perform other duties as required
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of sales, marketing or community outreach experience
- Current and active DE Health insurance license or ability to obtain within 60 days upon hire
- Have established professional relationships with local / community contacts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook (manage email), Word (create and edit documents), Excel (input data), and PowerPoint (create and edit presentations)
- Access to reliable transportation to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Live within a commutable distance to assigned sales territory
- Ability to travel locally up to 100% of the time
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when required
- 1+ years of healthcare or health insurance experience
- 1+ years of Medicaid and / or Medicare experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Demonstrated knowledge of CMS marketing rules and regulations
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Community Outreach Specialist, DE, Marketing, Medicare, Medicaid