You never thought your career could help millions of lives. Well, here you can. As a Community Outreach Specialist, you'll utilize innovative strategies and programs to ensure access to health care coverage for the underserved and impact millions of lives. You'll use your energetic, empathetic approach to marketing and add value to our team. Through community marketing and outreach efforts, you will have direct impact on membership growth and retention. You'll use your creativity, strategic lens and outspoken attitude to be part of an elite team to rewrite the history of UnitedHealth Group. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Responsible for servicing and growing lead generation opportunities for Dual Medicare-Medicaid sales force through provider and community outreach. You will work on the Duals Outreach team to educate and interest key partners in making our Duals plan available to their clients. You will identify and engage with stakeholders who are the gatekeepers to key Dual eligible groups, and will build long-term relationships that help establish UnitedHealthcare as the leader in Duals managed care plans. You will set up and conduct meetings, forums and presentations for Dual eligible populations throughout our service area. You will also liaise with our broker teams to staff events with brokers who will focus on the direct sales role.
This role will work under the direct supervision of the Duals Manager
- Acts as service representative and resources for assigned projects at the health plan.
- Assist in setting up, obtaining materials and supplies for exhibits and meetings with community.
- Assists in collecting, tracking and organizing educational material on community networks and advocacy groups as directed by the Duals Manager.
- Supports health education activities programs as they relate to the target Dual population.
- Manage and track leads and data pertaining to Dual events and outreach with the broker team.
- Assists Duals Manager in preparing documents for plan reporting and provides analysis on implications of lead generation and other data.
- Works with Outreach team to coordinate and create Duals opportunities within broader Outreach plan and strategies.
- Analyze growth trends.
- Will operate at a high level of independence and will remain in contact with Director on a daily basis.
- Responsible to adhere to the current CMS Marketing Guidelines. Each CSR has been provided a copy of the most current Marketing Guidelines. CSR's are responsible for reading, understanding and performing their role according to Compliance guidelines.
- Meets and / or exceeds department service standards.
- All other professional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of Community Outreach field experience
- Health / Life Insurance License or must be able to obtain it within 90 days of employment
- Intermediate (or higher) level of experience with Microsoft Office including Word (create documents) and Excel (update documents)
- Ability to travel within territory and work evenings & weekends, when required
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience with Medicare and / or Medicaid
- 4+ years of marketing experience with in a matrix organization
- 4+ years experience managing and prioritizing several deliverables
- Knowledge of CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) Marketing rules and regulations
- Bilingual fluency with English and Spanish
- Proven experience influencing and collaborating with others
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.