Community Outreach Worker
Primary Location: United States-NJ-NJSomerset
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
New Jersey MENTOR
Description NJ Mentor is seeking a Community Outreach Coordinator that works with clients in the community to provide support for community goals, recreational goals, and social environment activities. May serve as an advocate for program participants to fully be integrated into community life.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works on behavioral assistance and family systems and works with Mentor Parents.
- Provides training, assistance and/or supervision to individual(s) in the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration, medication administration, and/or job skills development.
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship with the individual receiving services to ensure effective guidance, support and service delivery. Ensures objectives are met in accordance with the service plan.
- Provides transportation for individual(s) receiving services to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments including operating vehicles as required.
- Maintains current progress and service notes. Completes and submits required documentation to direct supervisor in accordance with any applicable policies and deadlines.
- Provides direct supervisor with verbal feedback and data relevant to the individual’s services, service plan or administrative policy.
- May meet with employers as required, to develop potential work opportunities for individuals receiving services.
- Attends training and other meetings as required.
- Provides emergency coverage and/or care for individuals receiving services. Reports incidents of maltreatment, medical and behavioral concerns in accordance with MENTOR policy.
- Maintains confidentiality, respects human rights and practices universal precautions in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- Bachelors preferred, High school diploma required. Two years experience in human services preferred.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing. Car registration and vehicle insurance if providing transportation for individuals receiving services.
- All state required training and certification completed in mandated timeframes.