Community Outreach Worker
Primary Location: United States-NJ-NJSomerset
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
New Jersey MENTOR
- Works on behavioral assistance and family systems and works with Mentor Parents.
- Provides training, assistance and/or supervision to individual(s) in the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration, medication administration, and/or job skills development.
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship with the individual receiving services to ensure effective guidance, support and service delivery. Ensures objectives are met in accordance with the service plan.
- Provides transportation for individual(s) receiving services to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments including operating vehicles as required.
- Maintains current progress and service notes. Completes and submits required documentation to direct supervisor in accordance with any applicable policies and deadlines.
- Provides direct supervisor with verbal feedback and data relevant to the individual’s services, service plan or administrative policy.
- May meet with employers as required, to develop potential work opportunities for individuals receiving services.
- Attends training and other meetings as required.
- Provides emergency coverage and/or care for individuals receiving services. Reports incidents of maltreatment, medical and behavioral concerns in accordance with MENTOR policy.
- Maintains confidentiality, respects human rights and practices universal precautions in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Bachelors preferred, High school diploma required. Two years experience in human services preferred.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing. Car registration and vehicle insurance if providing transportation for individuals receiving services.
- All state required training and certification completed in mandated timeframes.