Department:OH1CS_40800_000 Hospice Program
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our administrative colleagues play a vital role. At Mount Carmel we believe that teamwork extends beyond the front-lines of patient care and extends to all of us. It’s the commitment and attention to detail that starts here that ensures we’re delivering exceptional experiences to our patients and their families. With Hospice & Palliative Care Patients receive relief from pain and discomfort, as well as the emotional and spiritual support of experienced, empathetic professionals.
Our Hospice Community Relations Representative promotes the mission of Mount Carmel Hospice and Palliative Care--compassionate end-of-life care, bereavement services, chronic disease management and related services. The Hospice Community Relations Representative is responsible for overseeing the implementation of sales and community education strategies. This involves interacting with hospice and palliative care stakeholders in the system and the community to increase awareness and promote program clinical expertise and services. Primarily increasing contracts between Hospice and nursing facilities and assisted living centers , performing sales analysis and identifying new referral lines (70% of role); enhance relationships with physicians, community agencies, faith communities, s work collaboratively with Mount Carmel Marketing department to promote and support system marketing efforts as relates to this position (10%)
- Achieves established sales targets related to increasing hospice nursing home and assisted living contracts and number of patients served in those facilities.
- Works with case management departments of MCHS hospitals to ensure that programs are promoted as early as is appropriate thereby increasing program LOS and reducing hospital LOS.
- Performs analysis so as to determine new sales targets and projects
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with community organizations and customers to promote hospice, palliative care, and advance care planning education/awareness.
- Acts as representative of the programs to various community groups including but not limited to, patients/families, community providers, medical staff, volunteer organizations, residential care facilities, aging services, and primary care physicians to educate regarding accessing the programs and help improve transition between providers.
- Collaborates with Mount Carmel marketing team to develop and implement marketing plans and promotional materials as appropriate for Care Continuum Businesses
- Develops newsletter articles, brochures, fact sheet, correspondence to referral sources and community referral market.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Communication, Marketing, Public Relations or related healthcare field with experience.
- Minimum three years of health care experience; with two years of sales and marketing experience required.
- Ability to assemble community groups or individuals and to present information to them on topics of chronic disease management, advance care planning, and how to access hospice services.
- Proficiency in the use of computers, with extensive experience in word PowerPoint presentations, database management and statistical programs.
- Criminal fingerprint completed as required by Ohio Law
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.