Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states. We believe in the dignity of every person, and in the freedom of all people to experience the highest degree of self-determination.
We are in search of a Community Support Manager to ensure best practices are used to teach individuals with disabilities how to acquire the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social skills needed to live as independently as possible.
Monday - Friday 7:00AM - 3:00PM
Job Duties Include:
- Manage the Community Support Staff’s performance and complete staff evaluations.
- Responsible for scheduling Direct Support Professionals and covering shifts, as necessary.
- Monitor and schedule required staff trainings, seminars, and conferences.
- Monitor and maintain residential budget to ensure overtime stays within guidelines.
- Monitor fiscal, medical, personal, and IHP documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Monitor and schedule house and vehicle maintenance.
- Work to maintain the consumer’s finances and monitor the health and report on the medical needs of each individual.
- Serve as an active member of each person’s Inter-Disciplinary Team (IDT), which includes involvement in Individual Habilitation Plan development.
- Submit monthly written reports outlining operational status, progress, and concerns.
- Prepare progress reports for consumer's immediate support group.
- Comply with all internal and state regulations and participate in all inspections and investigations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field with 1 year of experience in Home Community Based or
- High School Diploma/GED with 2 years’ experience in related field
- Knowledge and understanding of local regulatory agency operations.
- Understanding of community-based support for persons with disabilities.
- Experience with behaviors and behavior plans.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Valid driver's license
- On call, 24 hours a day - in case of an emergency, in cooperation with other management staff.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (weight of average manual wheelchair when chair is empty)
- Frequent lifting, stretching, and other physical exertion during positioning of consumers or equipment.
- Work will take place in the community and in the homes.
What We Offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off after 3 months of employment
- Paid Holidays
- Career/Professional Growth Opportunities including Community Options Leadership Academy Program
- 403b with Employer Match after 1 year of service
- Comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental and Supplemental Insurance options.
- Various Employee Discount Programs
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Visit Our Website to Complete an Online Application!