At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consistsof enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
The Compensation Functional Consulting team provides compensation consulting across all lines of business, working with line of business-aligned compensation and HR teams as well as other HR functions and non-executive business leaders. Reporting to the Manager of the Compensation Functional Consulting team, the Compensation Consultant is responsible for providing support for the strategy, design, communication, and compliance of total direct compensation and performance management programs to support enterprise and line of business strategies. This includes consulting with managers and partner groups regarding current and future needs for non-executive processes, forming a strong link between objective setting, performance management, and compensation outcomes.
The Compensation Consultant will be responsible for providing compensation consulting and coaching to managers and HR partners, identifying issues and recommending solutions, including support for compensation administration, market pricing, job evaluation, job structure design, job offer recommendations, retention consultation, pay equity, FLSA, process improvement and efficiency initiatives focusing on governance & simplification. The Compensation Consultant will actively lead and/or participate in a variety of compensation-related projects and initiatives at the enterprise and LOB levels.
The Compensation Consultant will participate in the creation and ongoing maintenance of standard compensation tools and methodologies in conjunction with other subject matter experts. Further, this role will contribute to the simplification and standardization of various processes and best practices at the enterprise level.
Corporate Human Resources develops and implements people strategies to support Wells Fargo’s business objectives. This group manages compensation and benefits, human resource service centers, systems and payroll, finance, team member relations and assistance, talent management, learning and development, and recruiting. We work together as One HR to make Wells Fargo an employer of choice, where people are our competitive advantage. Our operating foundation is based on our ability to operate efficiently, develop HR team members, strengthen controls, and scale technology infrastructure.
The preferred locations for this job opening are as listed in the job posting (Charlotte, NC; San Francisco, CA; St. Louis, MO; Minneapolis, MN; Des Moines, IA; Glendale, AZ; Chicago, IL; Irvine, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Washington, DC; New York, NC). However, other locations may be considered for this opportunity. Telecommuting from locations within the United States will be considered.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of consulting experience in compensation, human resources, accounting, or finance
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with variable and incentive compensation
- Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- Ability to manage complex projects in a large enterprise environment
• Compensation plan design, implementation, and governance experience, preferably in the financial services industry.Job Expectations
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
PA-Philadelphia: 101 N Independence Mall E - Philadelphia, PA
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
IL-Chicago: 10 S Wacker Drive - Chicago, IL
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
AZ-Glendale: 9070 W Glendale Ave - Glendale, AZ
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
CA-Irvine: 23 Pasteur - Irvine, CA
DC-Washington: 1300 I St Nw - Washington, DC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.