At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
We are seeking a highly motivated Compensation Sr. Consultant to join our Wells Fargo Home Lending Compensation Team. The Home Lending Production team supports team members through consultation, compensation design, program management, and effective risk governance. The Compensation Sr. Consultant will provide expert strategic and tactical consultation on incentive compensation design and total direct compensation in support of company and business needs.
Wells Fargo Home Lending (WFHL) is the leading mortgage lender in the United States with over 8,000 retail salespeople, 1,000 centralized salespeople, number one in lending volume, the number one mortgage servicer, 600+ retail locations and four centralized sales and processing centers. WFHL provides consultation to customers on traditional mortgage products and services as well as customized solutions for new home construction, renovation, condominium, jumbo mortgages, private banking customer lending services and low to moderate income and minority lending.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring compensation programs
- Project planning & management of compensation related projects
- Leading incentive plan design processes to ensure all plans are legally compliant, risk balanced, cost-effective, and aligned with business strategies
- Partnering with HR, managers, and other partners as an internal consultant to strategize and develop base and incentive compensation programs and to resolve extremely complex issues
- Providing support for and managing the annual Focal Review process
- Exercising independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining result
- Participating in or conducting salary surveys, analyzing internal and external compensation data utilizing quantitative, financial and statistical tools, pricing jobs, and managing special projects
- Reviewing job usage and recommending new or revised job classifications
- Reviewing existing and proposed statutory compensation requirements and recommending appropriate course of action
- Developing ad hoc reports to analyze specific compensation-related issues such as turnover and developing recommended course of action
- Developing and fostering strong, collaborative relationships with partners within the business, control functions, enterprise teams, and international partners
- Leading or participating in other change management initiatives, projects, or comp processes as needed
Location: The preferred location(s) for this job opening are as listed in the job posting (Charlotte, NC). However, other Wells Fargo locations within the US Domestic footprint may be considered for this opportunity.Required Qualifications
- 4+ years of consulting experience in compensation, human resources, accounting, or finance
- 6+ years of compensation experience
- Incentive plan design, implementation, and governance experience, preferably in the financial services industry
- Experience with variable and incentive compensation
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding incentive compensation and risk management
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Consulting experience in compensation, human resources, accounting, or finance
- Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Project) skills
- Ability to manage complex projects in a large enterprise environment
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Sales incentive design experience
- Compensation experience within the Mortgage industry
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.