- Assesses patient and family psychosocial needs and develops plan of care in concert with patient, physicians, nurses and other members of the departmental team
- Links patients / family to appropriate community resources including but not limited to, information / referral to sources of financial assistance, transportation, support groups, and other community services
- Documents patient / family status, diagnosis, treatment plan, goals, and interventions, evaluation results, observations and progress in medical record
- Serves as patient advocate and liaison with physicians, families, insurance company, community agencies and others as needed to ensure continuity of care
- Provides discharge planning based on meeting identified goals of the treatment plan anywhere
- Licensed Master's degree-level clinician in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling; OR Licensed Ph.D.; OR an RN with 2+ years of experience in behavioral health
- Licenses must be active and unrestricted
- 2+ years of experience in a related mental health environment
- Basic Microsoft Word skills
- Case management experience
- Experience in managed care
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.