Works with senior Compliance associates and leadership to maintain an effective compliance program ensuring regulatory compliance with applicable laws and regulations through regular compliance monitoring. Responsibilities will include research on compliance topics, spreadsheet design and analysis, data collection and assembly from various groups which may include: field, FSO, H&R Block Bank, and external sources. Ensures that all disclosures, statements, systems, advertising, policy, procedures, and controls meet regulatory requirements and are distributed appropriately. Reviews other departments’ work product as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support a proactive program of regulatory compliance risk assessment and controls evaluation to include evaluating and auditing effectiveness of compliance efforts.
- Coordinates obtaining information from field, FSO, Bank, and external sources necessary to complete assigned projects. This coordination will include generating written communication and interacting personally with the appropriate associates and third party representatives (e.g., RAL lender).
- Coordinates projects related to operational compliance that improve field or Bank compliance posture and lower operational risk. Work will include research, development and distribution of forms, disclosures, schedules and reports used by the field or Bank to implement compliance requirements, and reports that summarize operational compliance performance for field and H&R Block leadership.
- Assists development of presentation materials and reports to senior management that summarize current status as well as final reporting on compliance initiatives and projects. Coordinates the distribution of final project reports to senior management and other associates.
- Participate in ensuring compliance of new products.
- Coordinate compliance input into training processes and programs and developing training for key compliance responsibilities.
- Provide effective advisory services to associates; develop compliance-related communications and provide training as needed.
- Creates annual federal, state and special compliance forms, disclosures and schedules for use in all offices. Coordinates and communicates the distribution of such schedules to FSO and field personnel for field use.
- Maintains detailed working knowledge of FIN, CDB, KCUtil, TPS, Rapid Refund, Versicom, OLA and Westlaw systems in order to respond to project requests.
- Supporting compliance system testing efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or other related field -OR- equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of regulatory and/or Bank compliance experience.
- 3 years of business experience including business analysis, project management, or related area.
- Knowledge of and experience in the areas of consumer compliance, Bank Secrecy Act, Community Reinvestment Act, and fair lending laws, rules and regulations.
- Ability to identify potential risks associated with a proposed business initiatives and recommend alternative actions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to use a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis and evaluation of alternative solutions Ability to deal effectively with associates throughout the organization and at all levels including H&R Block executives and regulatory agency officials.
- Experience conducting business reporting and business analysis in support of management decision-making.
- Experience in documenting and improving process flows and functional priorities.
- Knowledge of operational measurement principles, procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of effective project management principles, practices and techniques.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, and achieve established timelines.
- High degree of accuracy, thoroughness, and professionalism.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and achieve established timelines.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Effective presentation skills.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and ability to navigate the internet.
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system.
Knowledge of H&R Block automated systems.