At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo.
It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
The Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) Financial Crimes Program has an exciting opportunity to join its High Risk Customer Team. The High Risk Client Consultant will be responsible for the delivery of high standards of client service to WIM business lines and channels, with a focus on WFA’s business lines and channels, and will ensure that all internal Service Level Agreements, standards, regulatory requirements, and expectations associated with the Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, and Economic Sanctions laws and regulations are met.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
The High Risk Client consultant’s responsibilities include assisting with the performance of enhanced due diligence (EDD) for WFA’s highest risk customer population, to include performing the following:
- The execution of the best-in-class enhanced due diligence (EDD) client onboarding processes
- Performing WIM level customer relationship reviews as part of the ongoing due diligence process (ODD)
- Analyzing customer account transactional activity
- Performing monthly and annual reconciliations of high risk customers including PEPs, Money Service Businesses, Gaming and Casino customers, Foreign Financial Institutions, and others
- High Risk Customer alert review and dispositioning processes
- Politically Exposed Person (PEP) referral and determination process
- Conducting customer list screening and public source research and analyzing and decisioning results
- Understanding complex investment/asset holding structures for the purpose of identifying ownership and control
- Reviews of internal customer account documentation, external supporting documentation, and third party vendor informational sources
- Compose detailed written qualitative risk summaries making sound and supported recommendations for risk mitigation for the Firm’s high risk customer population at onboarding and periodically throughout the life cycle of the customer
- Maintaining current knowledge of the external regulatory environment and continuously assessing and reporting real and potential impacts to WIM’s businesses
Preferred locations are Miami, FL Minneapolis, MN, Saint Louis, MO and Glen Allen, VA.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.Required Qualifications
- 1+ year of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Experience working with complex offshore operating and non-operating holding structures to include Personal Investment Companies (PICs), Trusts, Foundations, Reinsurance, etc.
- Experience/familiarity with common financial crimes applications and WIM systems of record: Actimize, Lexis Nexis, CR2, Dow Jones Risk and Compliance, Bridger, World Check, CLEAR, Cornerstone, Norkom, CPACS, BETA, ClientLink, Smartstation, Newton, SVP, etc.
BSA/AML/OFAC Regulatory Compliance in large, diverse financial institutions
- Federal or State Law Enforcement pertaining to White-Collar Crime
- Federal or State Financial Institution Regulatory Oversight pertaining to BSA/AML Compliance
- Internal Auditing of BSA/AML/OFAC Programs for large, diverse financial institutions
- Experience assisting with programs designed to adhere to BSA/AML/OFAC laws and regulations in either a retail / commercial bank or retail brokerage environment
- Experience in performing financial investigations, activity analysis, and risk analysis
- Strong relationship skills
- Spanish speaking skills a plus
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.