Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks.
Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level.
- Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews
- Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing
- Works with assigned business units to provide internal control and compliance risk expertise and consulting for projects and initiatives with moderate to high risk to identify, assess and mitigate regulatory risk in business activities as well as developing corrective action plans for deficiencies
- Report findings and draft recommendations to compliance risk and business line management
- Coordinate/leverage certain responsibilities and best practices with other brokerage departments (i.e. Internal Controls, Operational Risk) as well as other WIM compliance programs (i.e. Wealth, Retirement, etc.)
- Produce periodic compliance performance reports (i.e. CAR Reports) for senior management
- Responsible for performing risk-based compliance control testing to assure compliance with regulatory requirements and corporate policies applicable to brokerage
- These responsibilities will include the support and/or testing for compliance of the Operational Risk and Compliance Testing
- 1+ year of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- 1+ year of audit experience
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- BS/BA degree or higher in accounting or finance, or certification (CPA, CFP, CFA, CIA)
- Prefer prior exposure to compliance and regulatory controls in a financial services environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills as well as ability to gain an understanding of and evaluate the internal controls of previously unfamiliar areas
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.