At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Brief Group Description (i.e. description of your team’s responsibilities):
Within Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA) Compliance, the Retail Surveillance team in Charlotte conducts routine and targeted surveillance and oversight within Wells Fargo Advisors to ensure compliance with Firm’s policies and procedures, as well as rules and regulations governing the security industry. The team monitors brokerage activities to mitigate risk and provide support to Wealth Brokerage Services (WBS), WFA Financial Network (FiNet), WellsTrade (WT), Wells Fargo Advisors Solutions (WFAS), Centralized Affluent Team (CAT), and Intuitive Investor (Digital).
The Surveillance Consultant will analyze trade, account, and Financial Advisor activity for compliance with various rules, regulations and policies. Analysis will be completed in connection with SuperVision system alerts, as well as a broad range of reporting. The Consultant will develop a strong working relationship with the supervisory staff of their assigned branch offices, including educating and advising on policies and procedures, industry rules, supervisory systems, and regulatory focus, as well as timely and proactive day-to-day support.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Develops testing strategies and methodologies; evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls and identifies issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations.
- Reports findings and drafts recommendations to compliance risk and business line management.
- Consults with business partners to develop corrective action plans and effectively manage change to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Identifies training opportunities, and may design or coordinate the development of training materials, as well as deliver the training.
- Coordinates production of periodic compliance performance reports for senior management, including trend analysis and recommended strategies.
- May manage ad-hoc projects and provide guidance to less experienced team members.
- May support internal reviews arising from day-to-day surveillance and oversight work related to potential violations of the Firm's Compliance policies, industry rules and other team member misconduct.
- 2+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 9/10 or 24 exams to qualify for immediate registration (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 7 and 63 (or 66) exams to qualify for immediate registration (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Knowledge and understanding of financial products and services
- Brokerage operations or compliance experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Beta experience
Attention to detail with an understanding of investigation requirements
Experience with Smart Station
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.