At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
This Compliance Consultant opportunity is within Compliance, Controls, and Infrastructure Group on the Program Design and Emerging Risk Team that supports compliance programs for Wells Fargo Securities, Government and Institutional Banking and Corporate Banking lines of business (“applicable LOBs”).
Specifically, this Compliance Consultant will assist in the development, enhancement and maintenance of processes for the identification and assessment of internal and external risk factors that impact the compliance program, including regulations, rules, industry practice, policies, procedures, changes to organizational infrastructure, new business initiatives and Corporate and Wholesale Banking risk initiatives.
Additionally, this Compliance Consultant will assist in the development, enhancement, and maintenance of controls and processes for horizontal compliance programs impacting one or more of the applicable LOBs to effectively mitigate regulatory compliance risk. This Compliance Consultant will be responsible for supporting the compliance program of the applicable LOBs for the following:
- Assist in the design and implementation of strategies and methodologies for emerging risk identification and assessment
- Actively monitor for emerging risk through various channels
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders about identified emerging risk, perform initial applicability assessments and facilitate impact assessments by subject matter experts
- Draft risk assessment memoranda to summarize results of impact assessments across multiple business areas and maintain accurate and complete documentation of completed risk assessments
- Actively participate in initiatives to develop or enhance subject matter or regulation-specific horizontal compliance programs that will be implemented across multiple product or asset classes
- Assist in the design and implementation of controls, including policy, procedure, training, and processes designed to mitigate regulatory compliance risk
- Assist in the creation of functional documentation to document accountabilities, evidence a process, or provide guidance
- When necessary, assist business units to develop and execute corrective action plans for identified issues
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Analyze complex regulations and policies
- Synthesize and distill complex information from multiple sources in a clear and presentable manner
- Identify analogous processes and assess for potential best practices or needed enhancements
- Multi-task and strategically prioritize in a high volume, fast paced dynamic environment
- Identify potential issues or risks and escalate accordingly
- Accomplish tasks requiring the cooperation and input of numerous team members in disparate groups and geographic locations
- Take on additional special initiatives and responsibilities as needed, including accepting direction from multiple team members
- 2+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Juris Doctor
- Experience developing and enhancing compliance programs
- Project management experience, including experience drafting documents such as policies and procedures, training decks and management reports
- Ability to interview stakeholders and accurately map business processes, risks and controls
- Ability to ingest large amounts of complex information, synthesize, develop recommendations and present for decision making or actioning
- Ability to analyze data and identify trends and patterns
- Knowledge of regulations governing broker dealers or swap dealers
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.