At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
The Enterprise Regulations Team is a compliance function within Enterprise Functions Compliance that leads regulatory compliance risk management activities for its assigned regulatory portfolio, which includes cross-functional activities that drive enterprise level regulatory requirements. Enterprise Regulations serves as an independent risk function by providing the standards for and oversight of business-based regulatory compliance risk management activities. Enterprise Regulations executes a coordinated, consistent and disciplined approach regarding regulatory compliance risk management that enables Wells Fargo to manage reputational and regulatory compliance risks to protect the interest of its customers and stakeholders.
This Compliance Consultant 3 (CC3) position is a Regulatory Source Owner role and provides credible challenge on Line of Business (LOB) risk management activities and prepares analyses that help inform senior management on the enterprise’s performance in complying with laws, rules, regulations, and regulatory guidance. Regulatory Source Owners also provide advice and support to the LOBs as subject matter experts for assigned regulatory sources (laws, rules, regulations, and regulatory guidance) and internal directives (internal policies).
The CC3 is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Managing a portfolio of low and/or moderate and/or assisting with the maintenance of higher risk regulations and fulfilling Regulatory Source Owner responsibilities;
- Providing oversight, guidance, determination of enterprise inherent risk and credible challenge for assigned regulatory compliance risk management activities;
- Maintaining an understanding of major regulatory or corporate policy requirements in light of changes in the internal and external regulatory environment, in consultation with the Law Department;
- Performing enterprise-wide assessments of residual risk for assigned regulations, which includes assessing LOBs’ risk identification processes, risk assessments, controls (e.g., policies, procedures, training, tools and technology), review activities, issue escalation and reporting, and issue resolution;
- Fulfilling requirements related to the use of risk tools and reporting in conducting risk analysis
- Supporting cross-business regulatory examinations and audits;
- Participating in or leading cross business initiatives to ensure successful implementation of applicable regulatory changes or other required action plans;
- Building strong partnerships and collaborating effectively with business, corporate risk, Law Department partners and regulatory authorities;
- Assisting with various oversight and ongoing monitoring functions for higher risk regulations/internal directives.
Preferred locations include Charlotte NC,, Minneapolis, MN., Des Moines, IA., and San Diego, CA.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to foster effective partnerships
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance or operational risk
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) such as reporting and issue management
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Basic banking regulation knowledge including, but not limited to, unclaimed property, Regulation O and other enterprise regulations.
- Experience working with cross-enterprise initiatives or a wide range of businesses.
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
CA-San Diego: 1350 Fashion Valley Rd - San Diego, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.