At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment and retirement products and services to clients across U.S.-based businesses including Wells Fargo Advisors, The Private Bank, Abbot Downing, Wells Fargo Institutional Retirement and Trust, and Wells Fargo Asset Management. We deliver financial planning, private banking, credit, investment management, and fiduciary services to high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth individuals and families. We also serve customers' brokerage needs, supply retirement and trust services to institutional clients, and provide investment management capabilities delivered to global institutional clients through separate accounts and the Wells Fargo Advantage Funds.
WIM Testing & Validation
The WIM Testing & Validation (T&V) function performs regulatory compliance and operational risk testing and issue validation on all the WIM businesses. This consolidated function provides independent assurance that risk programs and controls are operating effectively.
Specific duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Implement the T&V COE methodology and standards, and execute group-specific testing.
- Participate as a tester or co-lead on reviews of varied complexity and regulatory risk exposure. Identify and report issues, follow up on corrective actions to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Exercise effective communications and promote positive client relations with business line team members and management.
- Collaborate with teammates and facilitate an efficient and valued review process.
- Thoroughly document and succinctly write test work summaries and compliance activity reports.
- Know and effectively apply corporate regulatory compliance risk management policy and procedures.
- Maintain authoritative knowledge and full understanding of laws and regulations, regulatory guidance, policy and procedure concerning all compliance functions reviewed.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and issues affecting compliance reviews.
- May assist with special initiatives.
*Please note that this position does not offer license sponsorship
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- 2+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Experience creating, executing, and documenting compliance testing
- Audit or regulatory examination experience and knowledge of the laws, rules and regulations applicable to the WIM business preferred
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo corporate compliance policies, procedures and standards
- CPA, CFP, CFA, CIA, or CRCM certification preferred
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.