At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations, and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing, and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
The Enterprise Testing and Validation (ET&V) Wells Fargo Virtual Channels (WFVC) – Digital Testing team, under Enterprise Testing, is responsible for planning and executing compliance and operational risk testing and validation activities for WFVC – Digital in accordance with Operational Risk and Compliance Testing and Validation Standards and Procedures and the Issue Management Policy.
We are seeking a Compliance Consultant 3 who will share responsibility for the planning and execution of the compliance testing program for WFVC - Digital.
With over 13,000 team members, WFVC serves Wells Fargo consumer and small business customers through digital (online, mobile, and social) and contact centers (phone, email, and correspondence). Over 32 million customers use our digital channels to manage their financial lives. Our customer-facing contact centers provide service and solutions to customers by phone, email, and letter 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with approximately 450 million customer contacts annually. WFVC’s vision is to pioneer the next generation of financial services and provide the best virtual experiences, anytime, anyhow, anywhere.
Compliance Consultant 3 responsiblities:
- Implement the T&V COE methodology and standards, and execute group-specific testing.
- Lead and or assist with reviews of varied complexity and regulatory risk exposure. Identify and report issues and follow up on corrective actions to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products, and internal controls.
- Exercise effective communications and promote positive client relations with business line team members and management.
- Collaborate with teammates and facilitate an efficient and valued review process.
- Thoroughly document and succinctly write test work summaries and compliance activity reports.
- Draft reports of findings and provide recommendations to business line management.
- Provide credible challenge of line of business corrective action plans.
- Know and effectively apply corporate regulatory compliance risk management policy and procedures.
- Maintain authoritative knowledge and full understanding of laws and regulations, regulatory guidance, policy, and procedure concerning all compliance functions reviewed.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and issues affecting compliance reviews.
- May assist with special initiatives.
Preferred locations: San Francisco, CA; Concord, CA; Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN; Des Moines, IA, however other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Experience creating, executing, and documenting compliance testing
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Risk and regulatory compliance experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Community Banking Retail Store Model and/or WFVC/Contact Center Model
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Exposure to Wells Fargo s Shared Risk Platform (SHRP)
- An active Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) designation
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo corporate compliance policies, procedures, and standards
- Experience leading compliance reviews
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer protection and regulatory requirements that impact internet banking
- Experience providing “credible challenge” to business partners when necessary
- Experience effectively interacting with a broad range of risk professionals, senior management, and regulators
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.