At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Are you looking for the next opportunity to learn and grow? At Wells Fargo, we offer a supportive environment where team members can cultivate their careers and make a difference within our company and the communities we serve.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS):
Wholesale Testing and Validation (T&V) has an exciting opportunity to join our team covering regulatory compliance for our institutional broker dealer, Wells Fargo Securities (WFS), and WFS branded businesses, and other areas of Wholesale, like Government and Institutional Banking (GIB) and Wholesale Loan Services (WLS). Wholesale T&V is part of the second-line-of-defense testing and validation groups and is a part of the new organization, Enterprise Testing. This new realignment allows the team to fully realize the vision of a single testing and validation team with a shared purpose. This position is for a Compliance Consultant 4 who will be responsible for supporting the execution of regulatory compliance testing and providing regulatory control environment credible challenge to our business line and compliance partners.
Key responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Working with complex lines of business to execute required regulatory compliance testing in accordance with Wells Fargo Compliance and Testing and Validation Center of Excellence policies and procedures
- Completing validation coverage activities to assess the adequacy of corrective actions that address the risk and control issues identified by regulators, WFAS, or compliance testing examinations
- Providing credible challenge and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, and internal controls while maintaining professional independence throughout the testing engagement
- Documenting end to end process flows including dependencies, controls, inputs/outputs, systems, gap identification, etc.
- Reporting findings and providing recommendations to key stakeholders
- Providing compliance expertise and potential solutions to identified gaps and associated risks as applicable to the lines of business
- Potentially leading and managing team members throughout multiple concurrent reviews
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Current or previous experience in Wells Fargo’s Corporate Risk group.
- Experience executing detailed test instructions, deciphering complex documentation, and conducting quality assurance reviews to assess controls or process effectiveness
- Execution of risk and/or process assessments
- The ability to quickly learn different processes across multiple lines of business
- The ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders within the following groups, Wholesale Group Risk Office, Risk and Compliance Risk Management (RCRM), and Wells Fargo Audit Services (WFAS)
- Related Certifications (such as CRCM, CIA)
- Experience with Wells Fargo controls tools such as CRAS+, SHRP, ORIS reporting
- Experience building a control validation program
- Proficiency in securities and banking regulations relating to the business of Wells Fargo Securities
- Experience auditing or testing an institutional broker dealer/investment bank subsidiary of a bank holding company
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.