At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
• Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo's Corporate Asset/Liability Management (ALM) Group is looking for a highly motivated individual with compliance and issues management experience and sharp analytical skills to leverage in the areas of data management and operations governance and controls for interest rate risk (IRR) management, balance sheet dynamics, and economic analysis.
The Corporate ALM Group performs quantitative analysis of the company balance sheet behavior and has a primary responsibility to measure its risk and design risk management strategies. Team members oversee the IRR simulation models of the company's major business lines, provide management with insight concerning changes that they see in the risk profile, and contribute to the generation of risk management strategies.
This Compliance Consultant 4 role is responsible developing, implementing and executing compliance programs to assure compliance with regulatory and Well Fargo policies and requirements for data and operations governance and controls. The role is also responsible for issues management, including evaluating issue risk impact, developing corrective action plans, and managing progress, reporting and validation of corrective actions to ensure effective remediation of issues and compliance with policies and procedures. The role is also responsible for supporting controls testing by all lines of defense such as Audit and Governance and Oversight, and execution of policy required activities such as business continuity plan simulations. Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, sound critical thinking, outstanding analytical skills, and solid problem-solving capabilities are required.
• Monitor and perform governance and oversight activities to ensure compliance with enterprise data governance and operations controls requirements of ALM and all applicable Wells Fargo, first/second/third lines of defense groups such as Enterprise Controls & Oversight (EC&O), Governance and Oversight (G&O) which covers the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) principals for risk data aggregation, COSO, Quality Assurance (QA), and Wells Fargo Audit Services.
• Evaluate issue risk impact and develop corrective action plans for operations or data control gaps, including materiality assessment and impact analysis of data errors or changes, escalation of issues for monitoring and reporting at the enterprise level as needed, i.e., record the issue in the enterprise issues management platform (SHRP), and evaluating issues from upstream data sources outside of ALM for potential impacts on ALM, i.e., perform connect-the-dot requirements.
• Manage resolution of data issues within ALM and at the enterprise level in a complex multi-systems environment, including ensuring timely recording and status reporting of issues or changes that must be recorded in the enterprise issues management platform (SHRP) and/or reported to the Corporate Enterprise Risk Group (CERG).
• Support validation of issue corrective actions, including collecting and reviewing remediation evidence.
• Support periodic audit/testing and continuous monitoring of ALM data and operations process and controls by all lines of defense such as Audit, EC&O, G&O, COSO, QA, CMOR and CERG,
• Support information security management, including updating of information security plans and testing.
• Support management, update and simulation of business and technology business continuity plans.
• Develop or support development of business requirements for systems development to enhance compliance with data and operations management, governance or reporting requirements.
• Perform or support other operations governance, controls and data integrity tasks of the department to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
Open to any location in the Wells Fargo footprintRequired Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Knowledge and understanding of asset liability or liquidity management software, especially QRM
• Knowledge of financial institution balance sheet fundamentals, product offerings, and ALM practices.
• Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase.
• Knowledge of metadata tools such as Ab Initio Metadata Hub.
• Knowledge of data quality analysis tools such as Informatica Data Quality products.
• 5+ years of operational risk management, compliance or internal control work experience that includes 2+ years of data management/analysis experience.
• Undergraduate studies in information systems or computer sciences with 3+ years directly applicable work experience.
• Excellent understanding of internal controls, including knowledge of COSO.
• Good understanding of data governance, data management and data quality practices.
• Good data analytics skills, including ability to query data and measure and monitor data quality.
• Excellent project management skills, including issues management.
• Superior customer service skills, and ability to work in a team based environment, manage multiple concurrent projects and prioritize tasks.
• Superior critical thinking skills, fast learner and ability to take on new challenges as needed.
• Detail oriented, accurate, organized, excellent judgment.
• Experience with SQL Server, Oracle or similar relational database platforms.
• Microsoft Office Suite.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.