At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
Enterprise Testing and Validation (T&V) has an exciting opportunity to join our team covering regulatory compliance for Wells Fargo’s Wholesale Banking Group. This position is for a Compliance Consultant 4 (CC4) who will be responsible for supporting the execution of regulatory compliance testing and providing regulatory control environment credible challenge to our business line and compliance partners. This position will also be responsible for performing issue validation activities where required.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Working with complex lines of business to execute required regulatory compliance testing in accordance with Enterprise Testing and Validation Center of Excellence policies and procedures
- Complete validation coverage activities to assess the adequacy of corrective actions that address the risk and control issues identified by regulators, WFAS, or compliance testing examinations
- Provide credible challenge and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, and internal controls while maintaining professional independence throughout the testing engagement
- Document end to end process flows including dependencies, controls, inputs/outputs, systems, gap identification, etc.
- Report findings and provide recommendations to key stakeholders
- Provide compliance expertise and potential solutions to identified gaps and associated risks as applicable to the lines of business
- May manage and lead team members throughout multiple concurrent reviews
Candidate must sit in one of these Wells Fargo locations: 8480 Stagecoach Circle, Frederick MD, 301 South Tryon St, Charlotte NC, 666 Walnut St, Des Moines IA 600 S 4th St, Minneapolis MNRequired Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Ability to quickly learn business operations and processes
- Current or previous experience in Wells Fargo’s Corporate Risk group
- Experience executing detailed test instructions, deciphering complex documentation, and conducting quality assurance reviews to assess controls or process effectiveness
- Execution of risk and/or process assessments
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders within the following groups, Wholesale Control, Enterprise Compliance, and WFAS
- Related Certifications (such as CRCM, CIA)
- Experience with Wells Fargo controls tools such as SHRP, ORIS reporting
- Experience building a control validation program
- Proficiency in banking regulations relating to the Wells Fargo Commercial Capital businesses
- Experience auditing or testing within the financial services industry
MD-Frederick: 8480 Stagecoach Cir - Frederick, MD
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
IA-Des Moines: 666 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.