At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group provides an independent oversight function within the second line of defense, establishing and maintaining a consolidated testing function at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing, and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
The Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) Testing and Validation (T&V) Team, under Enterprise Testing, is seeking a Compliance Consultant 4 to support the Wells Fargo Investment Institute lines of business under WIM. This position will support the WIM T&V Team with control testing, validation reviews, and special projects.
Specific duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Execute, as well as lead, regulatory (MCR) and business process risk management (BPRM) testing programs to assure compliance with, policy, regulatory requirements and adhere to corporate T&V Standards
- Design test scripts and identify accurate and complete populations for testing
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, and internal controls
- Evaluate and rate control design and performance
- Work with complex business units and provide compliance and operational risk expertise for testing programs to identify and mitigate regulatory and policy risk in business activities
- Consult with business to effectively manage change in ensuring adequate corrective actions are in place to ensure regulatory and policy compliance
- Provide guidance to less experienced consultants
- Exercise effective communications and promote positive client relations with business line team members and management
- Collaborate with and report findings and recommendations to senior management concerning compliance issues
- Participate in quality reviews of review activity reports, workpapers and supporting documents, and system data
- Maintain an understanding of business operations and applicable regulatory and corporate policy guidance/expectations
- Participate in other projects/activities to further the compliance testing program
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Experience in developing, implementing and monitoring an operational risk or compliance testing program to assure compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory requirements and policy
- Ability to effectively lead both in-person and remotely
- Knowledge of WIM businesses
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo testing and issue management systems and modules (i.e. SHRP Review Activities and SHRP Issue Management)
- Experience in Compliance or Operational Risk Management in Financial Services Industry
- Ability to identify issues, risk and escalate to the appropriate party
- Audit or compliance related certification such as the CPA, CIA, CRCM, ACAMS, etc
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related field
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.