At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks.
Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
The Compliance Consultant 4 within Enterprise Functions Testing and Validation (T&V) team will be responsible for planning and executing control testing and issue validation in accordance with Operational Risk and Compliance Testing and Validation Standards and Procedures. This consultant will be responsible for the planning and execution of the compliance testing program for Human Resources and Human Capital Risk.
Specific duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide testing support to the Corporate Human Resources program through leading compliance reviews, identification and reporting of issues, and validation of corrective actions to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Work with assigned business units and provide compliance risk expertise and consulting for projects and initiatives with moderate to high risk to identify, assess and mitigate regulatory risk in all business activities.
- Exercise effective communication and promote positive client relations with business line team members and management.
- Consult with business to develop corrective action plans and effectively manage change to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Collaborate with and report findings and recommendations to senior management concerning compliance issues.
- Thoroughly document and succinctly write test work summaries and compliance activity reports.
- Maintain authoritative knowledge and full understanding of laws and regulations, regulatory guidance, policy and procedures concerning all compliance functions reviewed.
- Understand and effectively apply the Enterprise Independent Monitoring, Testing, and Validation Policy and procedures.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and issues affecting the Corporate HR Compliance Program.
- Provide guidance to less experienced compliance consultants
** Please Note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
** This position is open to any location within the Wells Fargo Corporate Risk footprintRequired Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience with risk assessment methodology
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Virtual leadership experience with the ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Experience providing “credible challenge” to business partners when necessary, with the ability to lead through influence
- Experience testing policy and procedures/control testing
- Experience leading regulatory compliance reviews
- Experience assessing test scope, designing test scripts, as well as executing, documenting and reporting on compliance testing
- Knowledge and/or testing experience of Human Resource regulations such as Employment and Labor Standards, Interagency Guidance on Sound Incentive Compensation Policies, Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity, ADA, HIPAA/HITECH, ERISA, USERRA, FLSA, COBRA, Medicare, FMLA, State Employment Laws, IRS Tax, etc.
- Applicable industry certifications including CRCM, CAMS, CIA, CRMA
- A BS/BA degree or higher
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 11601 N Black Canyon Hwy - Phoenix, AZ
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.