At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment and retirement products and services to clients across U.S.-based businesses including Wells Fargo Advisors, The Private Bank, Abbot Downing, Wells Fargo Institutional Retirement and Trust, and Wells Fargo Asset Management. We deliver financial planning, private banking, credit, investment management, and fiduciary services to high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth individuals and families. We also serve customers' brokerage needs, supply retirement and trust services to institutional clients, and provide investment management capabilities delivered to global institutional clients through separate accounts and the Wells Fargo Advantage Funds.
The WIM Testing & Validation (T&V) function performs regulatory compliance and operational risk testing and issue validation on all the WIM businesses. This newly consolidated function provides independent assurance that risk programs and controls are operating effectively. In this role, the Compliance Consultant 4 will manage and support activities of the overall WIM Testing & Validation team with a special focus on coordination and execution of centralized testing and validation activities. This leader will be required to develop and maintain strong relationships within WIM T&V and across WIM Risk, Corporate Risk, Wells Fargo Audit Services, Regulators and Line of Business stakeholders. This position reports to the WIM Testing & Validation Program and Governance Manager.
Specific duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and execute centralized WIM T&V reviews, validations (if required), and other coordinated reviews on the consolidated WIM T&V schedule, including WIM top-of-house Major Requirement (MR) reviews (i.e., Project Management, Legal Entity, Stress Testing), Investment Contact Center-related testing, and centralized Business Process Risk Management (BPRM) reviews. Ensure completion of planning, testing/review activities, execution, documentation, reporting, and escalation for each required review.
- Identify additional opportunities to perform central or coordinated reviews across WIM, specifically where efficiencies can be realized or horizontal reviews could provide additional insight into control effectiveness.
- Assist with the execution of WIM T&V line of business team reviews and validations, as needed, to maintain the timeliness of the overall WIM T&V review schedule. Reviews and validations for the WIM T&V lines of business would also require completion of planning, testing/review activities, execution, documentation, reporting, and escalation for each required review.
- Lead discussions across WIM T&V to address automation and offshoring opportunities related to testing.
- Evaluate WIM line of business MPRs (Major Policy Requirements) to create a consistent approach for the inclusion and review of associated controls.
- Coordinate with all WIM T&V Managers to ensure appropriate management of the RAU (Risk Assessable Unit) structures in SHRP, Wells Fargo’s testing and issue management system.
- Identify additional areas within WIM T&V testing processes where a consistent process and/or best practices could be developed, communicated, and implemented across the team.
- Create, maintain, and deliver new employee and ongoing training to WIM T&V resources to ensure common understanding of key audit concepts and requirements of the policies that govern the work of WIM T&V, including training on SHRP and standard T&V templates.
- Support reporting requests related to centralized testing and validation efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
**Please Note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
*This position is open to any location within the Wells Fargo Corporate Risk Footprint
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- 3+ years of prior testing experience within internal or external audit, and compliance within the financial industry
- Experience assessing test scope, designing test scripts, as well as executing, documenting and reporting on compliance testing
- Experience testing policy and procedures/control testing with in a regulatory space
- Experience cultivating relationships and collaborating with multiple stakeholders, including business leaders, legal, audit and regulators
- Experience providing “credible challenge” to business partners when necessary, with the ability to lead through influence
- Experience comprehending and interpreting complex information and translating it into clear digestible information per the audience
- Experience leading compliance reviews and or engagements
- Technology testing experience that is focused upon functionality and validation of controls
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo testing and issue management systems and modules (i.e., SHRP Review Activities and SHRP Issue Management)
- Experience interpreting policies, or regulations and assessing the potential impact upon an organization or group
- Proven ability to establish or modify processes of moderate complexity, document them, and successfully roll them out to a community of users
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills, with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of WIM businesses
- Audit or compliance related certification such as the CPA, CIA, CRCM, ACAMS, etc.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related field
- Facilitation experience that includes driving cross organizational initiatives and collaboration
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.