Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks.
Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
The Enterprise Functions Testing and Validation (T&V) team within Enterprise Testing is responsible for planning and executing control testing and issue validation in accordance with Independent Monitoring, Testing, and Validation Policy and Enterprise Testing Operating Procedures. We are seeking an experienced candidate who will be responsible for overseeing compliance and operational risk control testing activities within Human Resources, including Group and Retirement Benefits, Talent Acquisition, and General HR.
The successful candidate will focus on overseeing and managing control testing review activities in order to assess adherence to regulatory and internal policy requirements and evaluate effectiveness of business processes, controls and risk management activities within Enterprise Functions. This individual will be responsible for executing against the Enterprise Functions Test Plan and Schedule and providing appropriate credible challenge with business partners in order to provide quality control testing results that improve business practices. Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and direct the day to day activities of control testing engagement review activities to ensure completion within scheduled timeframes and assist with program development, planning, and scheduling
- Support and develop team member’s knowledge and understanding of compliance review activities and ensure reviews are designed and executed effectively to evaluate risks
- Exercise effective communications and promote positive client relations with business line team members and management
- Collaborate with and communicate emerging risks, review activity findings, and recommendations to senior management and risk partners
- Facilitate an efficient and valued review activity process through succinctly written test work summaries and control testing reports; ensure risks are understood and mitigated, provide credible challenge to the business, consistent with Wells Fargo’s Vision and Values
- Maintain authoritative knowledge and full understanding of laws and regulations, regulatory guidance, policy and procedure concerning all compliance functions reviewed and apply risk management principles effectively
- Understand and effectively apply the Corporate Regulatory Compliance Policy and Procedures and Operational Risk and Compliance Testing and Validation Standards
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience overseeing and leading control engagement reviews
- Experience planning and performing review activities within operational risk framework
- Experience with risk reporting tools to include SHRP, SHRP Reporting, etc.
- Experience testing regulations, policies and procedures/control testing
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding the financial services industry
- Knowledge and understanding of operational risk management procedures for lines of businesses within Enterprise Functions, risk mitigation or remediation
- Applicable industry certifications including CRCM, CAMS, CRSP, CIA
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $106,400 Mid: $152,000
NC-Charlotte: Min: $106,400 Mid: $152,000
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.